Monday, September 14, 2009

Last night in Florence!

I wish I could say that I was having a blast on my last day here, but I'm kind of ebbing and flowing, like ocean waves. My emotions are such highs and lows! This morning, nothing could get me down! I was hopeful, recovered from my sickness. But now (tonight), I feel extreme restlessness and a need to get out.

I guess I am afraid that I'm not making the most of things.
I didn't get to go on the Cinque Terra weekend trip because I was sick (major BUMMER). I didn't buy a leather jacket because I thought it was too much money (minor bummer). I haven't gone out dancing lately, and tomorrow we are leaving familiar surroundings again.
...... so I guess I'm letting the small things cloud my vision.

Also, I just am overwhelmed. It's kind of hard to keep a straight head on your shoulders when you are constantly moving and experiencing new things! I used to be such a creature of habit, but now I've been thrown out into the big, waiting world.

Today we had some great classes (poetry and photo) and visited the Santa Maria Novella Cathedral. Despite heavy thunderstorms, we had a full day! Enriching, stretching, inspiring.
And here I am complaining that I haven't made the most of things! Ha!
I've been to the leather market almost every day, memorized poetry, eaten a bounty of gelato, laughed and dined with friends, strolled the streets of florence, absorbed history and art, and much more......


Here are some photos from my critique today (it went over really well!) Feel free to share any comments:
















4 comments:

Courtney d. said...

Go buy that leather jacket....or, in the next city, just don't worry about money so much! Remember, this is a once in a lifetime trip! I didn't get a gondola in Venice because it was too expenisve. I WAS IN VENICE! Three years later, I think, how silly. Yes, I was a broke college student, but that's just a stage of life. Do everything you can and don't worry if you come back to the US with debt from your travels. It's the experiences (believe me) that matter. And, if you want a leather jacket from Florence, go for it!

Lauren said...

Beautiful pics, Caits! So...pretty much, your blog puts mine to shame. I love your photos and your descriptions. And I can't wait until you get back to Paris. Paris...elle est ta ville. Comme moi, nous, on comprend le Paris. Je t'aime fort ma chere! Et a bientot!

Anonymous said...

Love you, Sunshine! Keep your head up and remember to smile...:) No matter where you are or how overwhelming things are, God's Love is there. If you need to cry, then do so. It isn't wrong to cry, just remember that though there is a time to cry, there are even more times to smile, to throw back your head and laugh at the silliest things! :)I'm praying for you, darlin'.

Anonymous said...

PS:
I'm proud of you for being thrifty with your hard earned money.