Friday, September 18, 2009

Large, Crazy, Ancient Rome

I have seen soo many things in this huge city. It is dirty and crazy and full of people! I love all there is to see, so much every day. And the ruins are just tucked into the modern life, a history lesson around each corner.
I cant upload photos right now, but I will soon. I have seen gorgeous marble statues by Bernini, the vibrant Sistine Chapel by Michaelangelo, the Spanish Steps, and numerous Baroque Cathedrals adorned in gold and columns. I have seen the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Arches of Titus and Constantine, and so much more. It just goes on and on! I love this, I am basking in the sweat of each step, each vision of the classics and the renaissance. Literally, soaking it in.
We are here through Tuesday night, so I have much time to finish my explorations of the city. Hopefully will post longer entries soon. The internet is very limited here.

4 comments:

Chandler Mom said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. What an experience you are having!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are "soaking" in such amazing surroundings, Sunshine! It sounds magnificent and inspiring all at once...:) Have fun with it all, and remember ALL the best parts for me. Praying for you lots and lots...Love ya!

DWL said...

Thanks for the post from Roma! Sounds quite amazing out there. Wonderfully overwhelming. Stay well and happy.

Scott said...

YAY!!!!!!!!