Classes are fun. We don't draw anything representational so far, mostly just scribbling because we are doing gestures and contours of the body. Our teacher doesn't like us to do outlines, so I end up with a bunch of random squiggles that are supposed to represent three dimensional space. We'll see how I improve. Also, our teacher, Kathy, feeds us cookies and lets us do yoga to relax in between drawings/poses, which I like quite a bit. If only every class included meditation......
Still feeling "under the weather" (which happens to be cloudy with rain! How appropriate!) here in Paris. No matter how much sleep or hot chocolate, my body refuses to cooperate and heal. Despite the illness, I've seen some of the city: Montmartre (my favorite) with the famous Sacre-Coeur (church), St. Germain-des-Pres (inside the church), the Louvre (outside), two famous cafes- Cafe le Procope where Benjamin Franklin frequented and Les Deux Magots where Picasso and Hemingway hung out. I hope to see much more this weekend- the Arc de Triomphe avec Champs-Elysees, Luxembourg Gardens, and perhaps Versailles!!!
I have around 53 days remaining in this beautiful city, and I want to make the most of my time!
2 comments:
Yay for Vitamin C!!! I am so glad to hear and see you, Cait! Your posts seem so sophisticated and experienced...I am soooo jealous! When can we skype next? I have so much to tell you. Love you, darlin' keep well and enjoy your wonderful adventures. Blessings!
You haven't been in the Louvre yet?!? And get your hindquarters over to Musee D'Orsay...I like the art in there much more than the art in the Louvre...even if the Louvre is more impressive.
Post a Comment