(Indeed, I am homesick for Paris!!!!!!)
It is hard to begin to process all that I have done and seen. Especially hard when I feel stuck in my suburb house, away from everything I've grown to love- the pigeons, the chocolate, the french, the fashion, the shutters, the old monuments, the museums every day, even the smelly metro!
Is this really home now? I'm afraid I'm suffering some reverse culture shock!
But .....
It's not that bad....
My parents have really tried to hard to welcome me home and make everything transition smoothly. Last night, my dad and I went to the downtown art museum. I saw Picasso and Monet again and almost felt normal. I described the techniques, the periods, the concepts to my dad proudly and lost myself in the art work.... it felt good.
I also find that I enjoy the wide open sky here. I forgot how vast it is, stretching on forever!!
AND I ate mexican again! Yay for a beef burrito (as alluded to earlier!) and sour cream.
1 comment:
Welcome back Caitlin. It'll be nice seeing you on campus again in January. I talked with your old roomie at the Express Store yesterday and learned she's heading out to visit you in AZ pretty soon. It was great seeing her and listening to her speak spanish to Irene at the cash register. Thanks so much for being such a great blogger. We parents back home looked for blogs and photos every day and were always so pleased when we found some news. I'm hoping we can host some "photo viewing" parties next semester at our house so you can share your stories with us as we marvel over the sights. Thanks again. - Dave Lingner
Post a Comment