
And then, it happened! I dressed up in a nice dress, heels, the works! The two Megs, Aubs, and I headed out on the town: excitement bubbling our blood! It was unknown whether or not the four of us would get in, as we were waiting to buy the cheap, last minute tickets for over an hour. Obviously we made it in, paying only 7 Euros each!
Our seats were high up in the individuals boxes on the side of the grand theater, full of rich red velvet and gold. Megan and I had to stand to see the stage, but we were so excited to be there, watching the Parisian ballet that it didn't matter. I felt so refined. The orchestra played classical music from the pit and our eyes followed every graceful pirouette. The ballet was performed in three parts with the theme of Joyaux or Jewels. There were emeralds, rubies and diamonds set to different periods and music! We saw romantic, jazzy and classical dance set to Fauré, Stravinsky and Tchaikovsky. It was a magical evening. The lights of the city glowed in our eyes as we descended the marble steps once the curtain dropped. After all, it is not every night that a girl attends a ballet....and in Paris!!
Photograph Credit to M:


No comments:
Post a Comment