This weekend was marvelous. I did so much more than any weekend in the recent past. It leaves me exhausted just trying to think about everything! There is no way I could continue at this rate and remain cheerful and awake. As it is, I am having insomnia and feel staleness creeping over my mind from lack of rest. In 7 hours I begin my fourth week of classes. Soon my three days of weekend delight will be a blurry dream, so I shall jot down a few highlights for the sake of retrospect.
Friday:
Art field trip to Orange County with hip fellow students. Very enlightening and also a good getaway from The Bubble. Score 2 points!
Gail arrived from central Cal bringing a visit full of sunshine and smiles. She has been sorely missed. We ate pizookie and watched a very bad movie outside with friends.
Saturday:
Inspirational morning. I ran a record breaking distance and pace along the cliffs before 11 a.m. God was so present in every second. It was strange to feel so spiritual during exercise!!
Spent a few hours at Cabrillo taking 300 photos of the monument, friends, and tide pools. Caught a bunch of hermit crabs but had to put them back or be prosecuted for stealing. Perfect weather, followed by a perfect ending: a homecooked rib dinner with 10 friends (old and new) at school.
Sunday:
Communion, church, walking 2 miles at OB with Gail, Laur and Mike. Saw fish being gutted along the pier and spotted 2 pelicans and a seal. Bittersweet goodbye to Gail.....but she'll return.
Spent the entire super bowl in bed dreaming of magical elevators and evil statues.
Finished the day with giving my testimony in Covenant Group! It was incredible to share God's love with other's...I am realizing my purpose is larger than I imagined.
And now I feel empty and ready for bed. I won't forget any amazing details. I can come find them here! :)
2 comments:
Wow, it sounds like one amazing weekend! I am looking forward to the next photo shoot, let me know when you want me!!!
I wished you blogged more too. But unlike you, I have not been dreaming of magical elevators...just bears. Lots and lots of bears.
Post a Comment