Friday, December 5, 2008








As school is whirling down to a close (only four days of classes left before finals!) I am now in a state of reflection. My mind continually winds back over the past four months of my life: digging into the cranies of my memories and discovering some regrets along with forgotten joys.
I remember eating tacos in Mexico with my Other family, attending plays with Melissa, discussing life while running with Erin, first-time-voting with Josh, awkward hot-tubing with K n B, watching highschool football in a downpour, swimming in the ocean during winter and reading poems with Laurie, doing all my projects the night-or-hour-before, fasting sugar, breaking-up, having a photo-shoot in a foggy cemetery, numerous movie nights, eating doll-cakes, sleeping afternoons away, spending too much on Itunes, almost losing my best friend in a car accident, feeling Phoenix heat for the first time, new, easy job with Pub-Safe, trips to L.A. for art/cousins, scrap-booking it with my hall-girls, breakfast club trio, calling home happyandsad, three thanksgivings, being the only student in a room with a crazy french prof, seeing Russia through Dostoyevsky, consuming wheat thins, experiencing life and wisdom through the testimonies of others, awkward live-models in Illustration, skipping every school event, PIZOOKIE, spending hours with my MAC!, christmas lights, Balboa, and more.......

I keep thinking off all the things that didn't happen and all that I had planned and wished for but then I realize----I did experience life! My days were full and I have memories that add to the person I am becoming.

3 comments:

John said...

wow...you have been busy this month. Gosh...you've done a lot this semester and so much has happened in one short period of time. What a great reflection Cait.

John said...

didn't i comment? I left a comment...do you need to approve it? why hasn't it shown up? hmmmm

"Prein"

Caits said...

It won't tell me if I have comments unless I "moderate" them...