So when our subject took off his shirt and shorts it was a little unsettling. I wondered, "Should I avert my eyes for this part? When is it ok to look?" And he wasn't even in the nude! He still had on his boxers the whole time.
So from this experience it made me realize how powerful the human body is. It can create such feelings inside of people! It can create awe! And unease! Disgust or appreciation....
The most unnerving part was when the model would look into my eyes while I was drawing! I would be thinking completely abstractly about proportion and muscle alignment when BAM! Eyes connect. Minds connect. I would realize this is a real person and he knows that I am examining him personally...I seem to be engaging into something intimate with him by just watching him stand still, by just drawing the lines of his physique. It was, as I already said, unnerving...just a little disturbing. I wonder if that is because he was a male and I'm a female. Or maybe it is always that way with models. Or maybe I am just so naïve and sheltered from the physical bodies of others.......?
1 comment:
i'm sorry but reading your posts is absolutely enjoyable. To dwell inside your mind even if just for a bit is most amazing. I relate so well to this, but with women. I mean when we had our model come in, she made eye contact with me and you could just sense the emotion. No words were needed, only a simple gaze. What was going on inside her head? Who knows...maybe we're just freaks...haha...
Post a Comment